BarCharts was conceived in early 1991 while Bobbie Ford, sitting at her kitchen table, was studying constitutional law for the bar exam, and penciled a flow chart summarizing the pertinent points. She made copies and her law school friends loved them. Her husband, John Ford, saw opportunity. At first, BarCharts was a modest business that created and sold guides dealing with torts and criminal law. Today, we not only produce over 500 QuickStudy® laminated quick-reference guides, but also offer a range of products that include flash cards, posters, and books. Our products are available in over 15,000 retail locations, as well as online in digital format from industry-leading digital distributors in the publishing marketplace.
We’ve gone from:
- Coffee-Stained Paper → Spillproof Laminate
- Pencil-Sketches → Full-Color Graphics
- One student’s note-taking idea → Easy-to-read, visually appealing products for every end-user
- Laminated-only → Multimedia formats—Including books, flash cards, posters, wall maps, and interactive computer & video-based training (CBT)
- Fulfilling orders from the owners’ garage → A 42,000-square-foot headquarters with a sophisticated order-fulfillment system that is virtually error-free